What We Do
Medical & Surgical Training
CHSC Trains Healthcare Professionals
One of the biggest challenges facing healthcare systems in poor regions of the world is a lack of qualified healthcare providers.
World Health Organization estimates a projected shortfall of 15 million health workers by 2030. Simply providing care will never meet the vast need for care in poor regions of the world. Because of this we have made training healthcare professionals a big part of our mission. In the USA there are about 25 doctors for ever 10,000 patients. In many countries where CHSC works in sub-Saharan Africa there is less than 1 doctor for 10,000 patients.
Unlike other medical charity organizations who come to a place for weeks or months, CHSC full-time healthcare professionals stay and build relationships for years. Through training local healthcare professionals we leave a legacy lasting impact that will extend for generations.
CHSC Trains & Mentors
CHSC Prepares Healthcare Professionals for Service
CHSC offers courses open to the public to help global health volunteers grow in their understanding of crosscultural healthcare, disease prevention and disaster response.
These training programs include:
- CHSC prefield orientation for both full-time service with CHSC and our Reserve Corps
- Global Health and Tropical Medicine Overview for physicians and other health professionals – in person and online
- Point of care ultrasound training – in person
- SPHERE – International Disaster Response Training – in person and online
- One day CME/ CEU workshops to educate medical volunteers on global health best practices – in person and online
- Community Health Evangelism Training of Trainers – in person