What We Do
Medical & Surgical Training
CHSC Trains Healthcare Professionals
In the USA, there are about 25 doctors for every 10,000 patients.
In many countries where CHSC works, that number is closer to one.
Christian Health Service Corps not only treats patients – we train physicians to build up healthcare systems in places with the greatest need for professionals.
Unlike other medical charity organizations who come to a place for weeks or months, CHSC full-time healthcare professionals stay and build relationships for years, allowing us to train more people and leave a lasting impact for generations.
Who We Train
CHSC prepares healthcare professionals for service
We offer courses to help global health volunteers grow in their understanding of cross-cultural healthcare, disease prevention and disaster response.
These training programs include:
- Prefield orientation for both full-time and short-term service with CHSC and our Reserve Corps
- Global Health and Tropical Medicine Overview for physicians and other health professionals – in person and online
- Point of care ultrasound training – in person
- SPHERE – International Disaster Response Training – in person and online
- One-day CME/ CEU workshops to educate medical volunteers on global health best practices – in person and online
- Community Health Evangelism Training of Trainers – in person