Phone a Friend
We rejoiced to speak with six ministry partners and friends in Cote d’Ivoire this week. Skype calls, at four cents a minute, let us hear news snippets from all around the country. We share our joy with you below in the following highlights of the conversations:
Several Discovery Bible Study (3 min. video facilitating DBS) trainers in our home town continue meeting in small groups. They follow government guidelines for social distancing, wearing masks, and cancel or divide gatherings of more than ten people. K., the trainer who shared with us, is excited. He feels he better understands how the early church multiplied rapidly despite persecution and opposition because of DBS. Although his weekly DBS with children is disbanded for a time, he assured parents that he will re-start as soon as possible. Numerous parents have thanked him recently for the pertinent lessons he taught their children on health and hygiene, as well as Bible stories.
- A regional FWB pastor informed us that his whole church has begun using DBS all over their village. It is their means to continue meeting for prayer and study these days. It is working beautifully. The pastor noted that giving to the church has remained stable, and maybe even grown a little! (This effort stems from the early December 2018 training that readers enabled us to host.)
- A CHE trainer working in southeast Cote d’Ivoire visits house-to-house in his village to explain COVID-19 prevention. We are thankful that members of the Global CHE Network worked quickly to provide specific lessons for workers worldwide.
- A nurse in Abidjan stated that the COVID-19 statistics curve may flatten this week. The next few days will confirm that hope. He let us know that there is plenty of food available for everyone.
These brief conversations demonstrate how CHE and DBS touch healthcare, education, church life, village life, and the unreached. We marvel at the combination’s efficacy to impact every aspect of culture. Praise God that our Savior’s abundant life can be shown and shared even during a pandemic!
Prayer and Praise
- Rejoice with us that believers in Cote d’Ivoire continue to share the wholeness and the hope of the Gospel powerfully, punctually, and proficiently.
- Pray with us that the virus does not spread throughout the country. For now, the only COVID-19 patients have been in Abidjan, on the coast. Travel is still not permitted in the interior of the country.
- Pray about sharing the DBS structure with family, friends, or co-workers as the isolation of our COVID-19 diminishes. We remain committed to extending the use of CHE with and without DBS in new places. This update follows-up on DBS ministry that stems from what we passed on in Learn, Grow & Go.
2020 Budget Info:
Something to ask? Write [email protected]
Andersons Witness in Africa.
It is also a brand of bottled water in Cote d’Ivoire where we serve.
GIVE ONLINE to support these ministries