If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? – Matt. 7:11
Good Things—for and from our Children
We want to thank our heavenly Father for specific good gifts He gave our family this week.
- Cason and Suzanne (our firstborn and his wife) had an excellent school meeting about our granddaughter Chelsea’s Individualized Education Program (IEP). As a hearing-impaired child, she prospers with unique approaches for her schooling. This meeting dealt specifically with her teaching plan for next year. Although Cason expected resistance to ideas they proposed, instead, everyone united about what would be best for Chelsea. The plan of action is not fully in place, but the vision is now the same. This is an answer to prayers said over several months.
- Corbin had a breakthrough on an engineering problem this week. Cara gifted us with a book that she had no idea good friends had already highly recommended that we read! Always, we see our Father’s hand at work in, and through, our children.
Good Things—for and from our Partners
- This past week, we learned of financial resources provided for two Ivorian Community Health Evangelism (CHE) trainers who need to develop micro-enterprise so that they can self-fund in ministry. Praise the Lord; this is another case of Africans helping Africans because of CHE!
In March of 2019, Verlin spoke at a pastors’ retreat to introduce a seventh Ivorian denomination’s leaders to the concepts of CHE. They were intrigued by CHE’s potential to help them minister to the totality of human need—lifting people out of poverty while planting churches. After some months of preparation, fifteen of the initial fifty pastors are ready to be trained to train others. Two Ivorian CHE colleagues have taken the baton of Verlin’s contact to train this group next month.
- We were able to speak with Koffi, the Ivorian co-worker who cares for our property and dogs during our absence. All is well at home. He also mentioned that the neighborhood Bible storying ministry to children continues to grow!
Prayer & Praise
- Pray for the CHE training coming up in Cote d’Ivoire. Ask the Lord to prepare the pastors to use CHE for dynamic church planting and community transformation.
- Pray for our two Ivorian brothers who now begin personal businesses to self-fund their CHE endeavors. Ask the Lord to crown their work with success so that they can be business models for others and minister in a less hindered manner while spreading the Gospel.
- Both of us are suffering from sore throats and drainage. Our poor “African” bodies are possibly in shock from both the winter and all sorts of germs they do not normally experience! Pray that illness does not prevent us from sharing these upcoming six Sundays in Michigan.
Your partners in the Gospel,
AWA represents Andersons Witness in Africa.
AWA is also a brand of bottled water in Cote d’Ivoire where we serve
Something to ask? Write: [email protected]