You can Support Medical Missions through your BLS, ACLS, and PALS Renewals!
Christian Health Service Corps is the only mission organization that specializes in sending healthcare professionals long-term. We are a ministry of Christian doctors, health professionals and health educators serving the poor in places that have little or no access to healthcare. Each day, we bring compassionate, life-saving health services to thousands of poor families around the world. Our missionary doctors and health professionals are often the only access to care for young families in poor communities. You can now help support this important work by allowing us to provide your BLS, ACLS, and PALS training.
If you live in Dallas/Fort Worth or Tyler/Longview Area of Texas, one way you can support the work of CHSC around the world is to allow one of our American Heart Association instructors to help you with your BLS, ACLS, and PALS requirements.
Cost for AHA courses? All of our AHA courses are free of charge for CHSC Global Care Partners.
Learn more about the CHSC Global Care Partners.
Non-partner individual costs: BLS $75.00, ACLS $125, PALS $125. Hospitals and medical and dental practices can contact us for customized group pricing for all of your staff.
First time certification courses for ACLS and PALS the cost is $225 available by appointment and as scheduled.
Where are the courses held? We come to you in your office or home at your convenience for small groups, and at our headquarters in Grand Saline by appointment for individuals. Call us today for an AHA renewal course appointment. We also host courses in either DFW area or our headquarters in Grand Saline at least monthly. The Christian Health Service Corps headquarters is Shalom Retreat and Training Center in Grand Saline Texas, one hour east of Dallas. Contact us for group course information or to schedule an AHA instructor to come to you in your home or office. Simply email: email@example.com or call our office at 903-962-4000.
BLS Course Description: The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
In the instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS instructor to complete BLS skills, practice, and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
- Updated science and education from the new 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Emphasis on high-quality CPR including a team dynamics classroom activity
- Video-based course with real world scenarios
- An AHA E-Card is included in the price of the course
According to American Heart Association Guidelines Students are required to have a current AHA text book for any AHA course taken. Required Text Books: Available through Amazon Click Here
ACLS Renewal Course Description:
AHA’s ACLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course teaches high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
* The course incorporates learning stations for practice of essential skills and simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
* Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
* The classroom environment works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback
* Upon successful completion you will receive an AHA E-Card. Let us know if you need an actual paper card.
Required Text Book: Required for entry – ISBN 978-1-61669-400-5 Available through Amazon Click Here
Prerequisite: Current BLS card, complete the Pre-Course Assessment in book with a grade of 70% or greater, and have book present at class.
Price: Free for CHSC Global Healthcare Partners. Learn How to Become a Global Care Partner.
PALS Course Description:
The AHA’s PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This classroom, Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
* Classroom-based courses work well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning
* Course includes realistic, clinical scenarios that encourage active participation – delivered through actual pediatric patient videos and lifelike simulations
* Course is comprehensive and includes our systematic approach to assess and treat pediatric patients in emergency situations
* Course uses a hands-on class format to reinforce skills proficiency
* Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
* Upon successful completion you will receive an AHA E-Card.
Book: Required Text for this course: – ISBN: 978-1-61669-559-0 Available through Amazon Click Here.
* Prerequisite: Knowledge of current BLS card, complete the Pre-Course Assessment in book with a grade of 70% or greater, and have book present at class.
Cost for renewal courses? All of our AHA courses are free of charge for CHSC Global Healthcare Partners.