List of Needed Documents for all applicants
If you are praying about long term medical or health related mission service we are here to help you. The Christian Health Service Corps has a growing list of partners in every region of the world that include community health programs, community clinics to fully functional hospitals. If you are a healthcare professional of any type we are here to help you fulfill gods calling on your life.
If you are looking to explore that calling with short term service in one of our partnering programs that is also possible. There are a number of health programs and facilities that use short term healthcare professionals to supplement their staff; there is also a need for specialty teaching in many locations. We can help connect or place you with these programs as a short term provider.
If you are not a licensed healthcare provider but would like to be involved in wholistic Christian community health development work you are also welcome to apply.
We need a complete file before we can assist you.
- A Signed completed application.
Application for Service – all applicants
Application for Service – long term service applicants (Long term service
frequently asked questions)
Covenant of service – all applicants
- A copy of professional licenses and board certifications
- A one page statement of faith (a couple paragraphs) stating their faith in Christ and why they feel called to serve. This can be incorporated into the application.
- A copy of professional C/V
- A $250 donation for application processing – there was a time we did not ask for this donation but many people put us through finding them a place to serve short term, and then having a facility expecting them and they would cancel. This is not necessary for long term applicants only those applying for short term service.
- Fourteen days prior to departure we need a signed notarized Travel Authorization and two color copies of your passport, a copy of your proof of travel/medical evacuation insurance.
Travel Authorization – This is for all applicants due two weeks prior to departure for long term missionaries accepted for service. For short term applicants it is needed prior booking travel to field assignment along with a copy of your passport. AIR and travel arrangements are made by CHSC for short term service.
- Immunization and malaria medication requirements vary in different
regions and you need to see CDC website for the specific country
travel vaccinations are available at low cost through any local health
department and we ask volunteers acquire them.
- Last but not least, we need all short term applicants to review the free online training modules; Medical Mission Service Training Course. The links to this course can be found under courses on this website and as links in the short term orientation manual.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
The application documents can be emailed back or faxed to our US office at 1-210-320-3503. Please mail the original travel authorization
The Christian Health Service Corps
PO Box 1882
Boerne, TX 78006